Being sustainable is the future. Sustainable fashion is a good thing that happens lately these years. It is believed to help our Earth to minimize its waste. Changing trends is the most dangerous truth of the fashion industry ever. We as a being can put small effort & can try to make it better. Do check below the super amazing sustainable living hacks.
1. Dump less, Wear more : #dumplesswearmore is a hashtag by me on Instagram . My motto behind this tagline to inspire people to wear clothes more & more that is lying in your closet for years. To donate Cloths is a noble deed. But check before donating. As most of the cloths often ended up in landfills. So reduce dumping too.
2. Wear Vintage/ Wear from Granny’s wardrobe: Vintage is always good & is never out of trend. You can buy super fabulous items from vintage shops online stores like eBay, etc. Old or Vintage stuff from your grandmother is also an amazing way to style up your wardrobe.
3. Thrift or secondhand: Buying Thrift clothes from charity stores, you will provide helping hands. Also, you can find the good stuff. Secondhand or pre-loved are trending nowadays. You can check websites like ThredUp , Poshmark, etc for super cool items.
4. DIY/Upcycle/Recycle: You can use those old clothes in some DIY projects, Upcycle them to make something new & different. Nowadays Youtube is loaded with videos related to these projects.
5. Reduce washing clothes: You must be thinking! Eeeeew! Seriously, less washing will save your time, wastage of water, detergent & save energy too. Buy stuff that needs less washing. Example -Jeans are meant to wear until its dirty. If you are a hygiene freak like me, after wearing each time dry it in sunlight for half an hour. Secondly after multiple uses, if you feel to clean it, steam the cloth & dry in the sunlight. Boom! You will get clean cloth to wear without washing. To iron your clothes also, you can use these tips😉
6. Buy long-lasting items: Whatever you buy for yourself, choose versatile & durable fabric. Ask yourself before buying- Do you need it? or Questions like How long you gonna wear it ??
7.Style it: Every single piece you own, wear it, style it,belt it, with a jacket or maybe with different footwear. You gonna love the styling ways.
8. Organize a cloth Swap Party: A swap party among friends, family, close ones & others can be very good for lazy people. You can meet people & also get good kinds of stuff by giving away your unused clothes.
9. Dig your Partner’s closet: When you feel, your wardrobe is out of stock. Don’t forget to dig his wardrobe to find his Shirts, Belts, Cap, Ties, T-shirt. Style it & rock it.
10. Sports Shoes are life savers: Whether its travel or casual day out, monsoon or summer, jeans or dress, Indian or Western. A good quality is the versatile of all. You can wear it thousand times.
Did you know all of these hacks? Does it seem interesting? Lazy people like me could relate to this. Do let me know in the comments section below, which of these you wanna try.
Thanks for reading & I promise to come up with more related topics, tips, etc. in my upcoming post every week.❤❤❤ Much love
Pic Courtesy: The Guardian