I am an avid traveler but started trekking as a part of adventure 6 months back. I planned a night trekking for the first time with a few of my Apartment mates. It was an instant plan.
Few were homemakers & few were working! Though all were loaded with responsibilities yet the dreams of women can’t be stopped.
We planned suddenly for a night trip & were excited. Being a trekker for the first time I loaded my waterproof VIP backpack with all the stuff which i carry as a solo traveler. Later, at midnight when we reach the destination to start the trekking, then i realized my mistake. We had to do trekking for 3-4 km and then cave exploring for about an hour which we had to cross with a narrow passage. It was a tough time for me to cross those narrow & steep rocks inside the caves. with a bag loaded with essentials.
Always travel light, if you are going for a night trek make it sure to pack light.
Here is the few essentials list in a night trekking/ day trekking.
The list is as follows:
- A rucksack: Good back support & waterproof bag is needed for trekking.
- Shoes: Hard soled trekking shoes / good quality running shoes are required for a trek. You can add one pair of slippers too.
- A torch, it is a must whether night or a day trek: It is said to carry a torch all the time. It helps you in SOS also. Whenever you do travel, Take a torch along with you. Head Torch is generally helpful for trekking or hiking purpose.
- Water bottle & Food: Always carry a water bottle wherever you go to keep your hydrated. Keep & store some energy bars or snacks for yourself. Bonus: Add lemon/lemon juice which will keep you fresh for the night.
- A lightweight windcheater jacket/raincoat & a hooded jacket: Another important of all is a rain Coat or a windcheater & a jacket. It prevents you from cold & rain during the trek.
- Avoid cotton clothes: Instead of cotton, wear synthetic & light clothes. Regarding socks, avoid cotton & wear thick synthetic or woolen cloths which will prevent blisters, if wet or sweaty. Layered Clothing & full sleeves trousers are recommended.
- Newspaper+ Toilet Tissue+ Carry Poly Bag: Travel responsibly wherever you go. Don’t forget to carry all these. Take a matchbox & Newspaper to lit fire. Deodorant is an alternative to put on fire. ( Don’t forget to put out the fire )
- Mobile+Power Bank+ Extra batteries: Mobile nowadays will solve most of our problems. It can navigate, can use its flashlight & also take photographs.
- First Aid Kit +a rope + a knife + a marker/chalk: Mini First aid box with few SOS medicines. Its better to carry an insect repellent too. A lightweight rope with a Swiss Knife & chalk is essential for a trek/hike.
- A Hat+ Sunglasses+ binoculars+ Umbrella + Camera: These are optional.
Travel responsibly. Go & see the world, explore each part of your country. It helps you to explore and know more about yourself.
It was lovely to share with you my part of the story. Do let me know your story & tell me what are the things essential for you. Kindly comment on the section below & it will help me to write.
Loads of love & wishes. ❤ ❤