Ruled by Ahoms for 600 years, Sivasagar town has significant historical places. Here the few, you should visit, if you are in Assam.
- Ranghar Two- storied building of Royal sports pavilion for Ahom Kings & nobles. Entertainment & games as bull fights,other interesting games were the main attraction.
- Talatal Ghar Loacted at Rongpur , 4 kms near Sivasagar it is known as greatest architecture of Tai Ahom Dynasty.
- Kareng Ghar A royal house of Ahom Kings in Gargaon, which is 15 kms from Sivasagar town & it is the counterpart of Talatal Ghar.
- Shiva Dol Located at the heart of the city it comprises of 3 temples as Shiva Dol, Vishnu Dol, & Devi dol. It is believed to be the tallest Shiva Temple in India, which is 32m height& 2.4m golden dome.
- Joysagar tank & temple Known as the largest man made lake. Joy Dol/ temple is located at the North bank of tank. Now you can enjoy fun-filled games like boating, riding, jet-ski etc.
- Charaideo Located 28 kms from Sivasagar it was the capital of Ahom dynasty. Main attraction is the burial vaults or maidans of Ahom Kings & nobles.
- Gaurisagar tank & temple The tank & temple is also has place for tourist attraction.
8. Ahom Museum Constructed to keep intact 600 years of Ahom glory. They preserved the armours, antiques, weaponry, ornaments , attires & also scripts of Tai Ahom language.
These are the main tourist attractions of Sivasagar town. If you are in Assam or North East states, do visit Sivasagar, I am pretty sure you will take back great memories. If you want to know more details please inbox me or comments on the section below. Thanks for reading. 🌸🌸🌸
Note: My attempt here is to name the places, not to go in historical details 😊